Search Our Jobs
Inventory Assistant 40hrs 1st shiftJob ID 146520 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under general supervision, assists with the inventory control of medical/surgical supplies within the CPD department and the user departments by performing a variety of tasks including, data entry, maintaining and establishing par-levels and custom requisitions for customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Processes all data-entry in a timely fashion, ensuring that on hand quantities of supplies are as accurate as possible at all times.
2. Runs daily ?out of stock? report, checks significant discrepancies, and makes appropriate adjustments immediately.
3. Processes all custom requisitions within the established time frame. Edits requisitions as needed to ensure all items used by a given department are included on each requisition. Researches custom requisition issues as they arrise, ensures appropriate communication with the customers.
4. Receives, enters, prints-out and prepares the daily OR schedule
5. Compiles and analyzes data retrieved from the Central Processing and Distribution inventory control computer system: makes appropriate recommendations to user departments based on same and informs supervisor of pertinent changes.
6. Manages all faxed orders and other correspondences faxed to the department ensuring orders are processed within the established time frame and all other material is dispersed appropriately.
7. As part of the job functions, will have access to non-controlled medications for stocking purposes only.
8. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
9. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
10. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
11. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
13. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
14. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
16. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education and experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic PC skills and knowledge of medical terminology
Experience: 1-3 years working in a medica/surgical inventory or related environment
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.