Search Our Jobs
Cook for Hospital Cafeteria - Per DiemJob ID 146635 Date posted 06/26/2018
Under the supervision of the Sous Chef and in accordance with established procedures, prepares patient, cafeteria and function meal items. Instructs Cooks helper in cooking procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Planning: Review menu and tally sheet to determine items and quantities of food needed. Review cooking schedule with Chef and Sous Chef.
2) Food Handling and Preparation: Pull food items needed or instruct Cooks helper to pull item. Instruct Cooks helper regarding items to be prepared and direct cooking of food items. Label, date, cover and store or dispose of a variety of food items following prescribed methods. Thaw and reheat items following prescribed methods as per HACCP regulations.
3) Safety & Hygiene: Wear wizard glove when using knife or chopping. Responsible for the routine cleaning of fryolators, stovetops, meat slicers, and meat box. Properly disposes of outdated items. Maintains general cleanliness of assigned area. Deliver dirty pots to pot room. Wear plastic gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
4) General Departmental: Attends all in-service training. Reads all posted notices. Cross-trains as directed and supports other areas of the department as required. Wears hand-washing badge and follows established procedures.
5) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID badge while on Lahey Campus.
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment..
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Specialized vocational/culinary courses or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Manual dexterity with both hands required. Safe food handling, ability to follow high volume recipes. Proper use of food preparation equipment including knives, electric meat slicer, and commercial cooking apparatus. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Two to three years related experience in a healthcare or commercial foodservice environment.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.