Search Our Jobs
Clinical Manager - NeurologyJob ID 146774 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the general supervision of the Department Chairman provide managerial and administrative support to ensure that secretarial and clinical support staff assignments are completed satisfactorily. Assist in administration and management of fellowship education and training program. Maintain department, endowment, research and education budgets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Provides leadership to secretarial and clinical support staff as it relates to daily operations. Establishes a work environment that facilitates department functioning, cohesion, and teamwork. Assists with the development of appropriate roles for staff to reflect departmental needs.
2) Ensures adequate staffing coverage.
3) Interviews and hire support staff for positions and make recommendations on hiring decision to Chairman.
4) Develops job standards, procedures, and systems to ensure efficient workflow.
5) Conducts annual performance appraisals and take disciplinary action when appropriate.
6) Maintains personnel files and submit paperwork for hiring, terminations and transfers.
7) Assists in preparation of departmental budget and monitor budget performance.
8) Provides administrative support to the Department Chair.
9) Assigns and maintain staff on-call and clinical schedules.
10) Assumes administrative responsibility for financial management of research and endowment budgets.
11) Oversees promotional projects in the Department (Website, brochure).
12) Maintains medical staff files and periodic evaluations.
13) Assists in coordination of the fellowship training program to ensure educational standards are met as outlined by the ACGME.
14) Coordinates and promote academic related activities for the Department including Visiting Professor lectures and continuing medical education courses.
15) Maintains Fellows on-call and clinical schedules.
16) Organizational Requirements:
• Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
• Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
• Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Business degree or equivalent education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work independently and interact professionally with all levels of clinical personnel.
Experience: Three to five years health care experience with knowledge of spreadsheet, database and word processing applications.
DAYS/ Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.