Search Our Jobs
Surgical Technologist 40hr EveJob ID 146779 Date posted 04/22/2018
A clinically competent surgical technologist who works under the supervision of the nurse manager or registered nurse in delivering safe and effective care to the patient during intra-operative periods. The surgical technologist effectively interacts with patients and health care team members to maintain the surgical department standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Provides an aseptic, safe, fully equipped surgical environment.
2) Adheres to the principle of aseptic technique.
3) Assists in cleaning room and gathering equipment needed for procedure.
4) Selects instruments/supplies needed for procedure prior to procedure.
5) Assists with opening the case.
6) Performs surgical scrub according to procedure
7) Directly assists the surgical team during the surgical procedures.
8) Passes instruments and supplies in a safe and functional manner.
9) Handles specimens properly.
10) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17) Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires successful completion of an approved surgical technologist program or surgical technologist training in the military services.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Up to one year of experience in a hospital required.
EVE, 10hr shifts. Weekday, weekend, and holiday work/call per departmental guidelines
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.