Search Our Jobs
Sr Windows System AdministratorJob ID 146579 Date posted 04/22/2018
The Senior Windows System Administrator is responsible for the design, selection, management, and integration of all Windows server and related storage components supporting the clinical, financial and operations systems in use at Lahey Health. The Senior Windows System Administrator will act as a key hands-on contributor, subject matter expert and resident consultant for a broad range of Windows Server technologies, processes, and best practices including but not limited to Windows applications, backups, patching, security, Service Level Agreements, systems interoperability, server virtualization (VMWare), high availability, business continuity design and technical design architecture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Design, install and configure internal and customer facing Windows servers.
• Manage Active Directory and oversee the structure and monitor its health is required
• Proactively manage and maintain core Windows and VMware systems.
• Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
• Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting
• Define and document best practices and support procedures
• Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
• Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
• Assist with hardware and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
• Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
• Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
• Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
• Oversee disaster recovery designs and standards to support and align with the goals and objectives of Lahey Health organization.
• Develop technology standards and policies to be used and incorporated into the procurement process to ensure maximum benefit of investments.
• Develop policies and procedures in alignment with ITIL to support enterprise service delivery
• Act as enterprise architect ensuring that the data and system duplication is minimized, capital and operation investments are optimized and existing assets are fully leveraged.
• Work the respective VP?s under the office of the CIO in developing a cohesive technical plan that aligns Information Systems initiatives with Health system demands to include, where possible, contingencies
• Will develop and articulate the technology vision of the organization including the technical plan focused on creating a state-of-the art architecture environment that will support the goals of Lahey Health.
• Approve the procurement of hardware and software assets.
• Will sit on the change control committee and provide over sight to ensure changes are implemented in a fashion that eliminates or minimizes any impact to patient care or business services.
• Provide technical design and oversight for domain and email integration of acquired entities.
• Adhere to the IT PMO?s defined project management methodology, tools and templates and apply them to assigned projects
• Identify project scope, project completion criteria and project implementation/execution approach. Partner with business sponsor to create project business case, cost-benefit assessment and project concept document
• Prepare project definition document and obtain management approval of the project definition document
• Assure that all project team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
• Apply project resources according to the approved project plan
• Analyze risk and implement risk mitigation activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
• Incorporate Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
• Comply with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
• Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
• Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: 4 year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: N/A
7-10 years of IT experience in an operational environment
Experience in a health care provider environment desirable.
Hands on experience within a Windows Server system administration environment
Experience with Microsoft identity management and directory tools such as Active Directory
Experience with VMWare
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - 2012 R2 experience
VMware vSphere ESXi 5.1
Active Directory administration and Group Policy management
Scripting / Task automation. PowerShell experience a plus
Operating System hardening, patching and remediation
Performance tuning, capacity management, and server monitoring
DNS and DHCP administration
Working knowledge of SAN, NAS, DAS storage technologies
Basic networking experience; routing, switches, and common IP port usage
Installation and configuration of server hardware
Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving and technical skills..
Problem solver, consensus builder, results oriented with ability to quickly take action to achieve goals Energetic, self-confident, persuasive.
Solid technical grounding, project management and implementation experience.
Experience working with a variety of vendors and implementing and supporting multiple products.
Proven leadership abilities and comprehensive knowledge of healthcare information systems
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.