Search Our Jobs
Pharmacy Technician II Per DiemJob ID 146948 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under direct supervision, assists in dispensing of prescriptions; counts, packages and labels the prescription vials for final verification. Greets patients for receiving prescriptions and uses the cash register for sales of pharmaceuticals. Performs a range of routine administrative tasks and staff support functions for the pharmacy as required. Transcribes verbal prescriptions from doctors? offices at the discretion of the pharmacist on duty. Performs advanced workflow functions independently; prepares topical and oral compounded products using proper required technique.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs independently on all essential duties and responsibilities of the outpatient pharmacy tech I.
2) Transcribes verbal prescriptions from doctors? offices at the discretion of the pharmacist on duty.
3) Performs advanced register functions and advanced technique in prescription processing through the outpatient pharmacy system.
4) Prepares topical and oral compounded products using proper required technique.
5) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
6) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
7) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
8) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
9) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
10) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
11) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
12) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
13) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Licensure, Certification, Registration: State of Massachusetts Registered Pharmacy Technician; National Certification for Pharmacy Technicians.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures; Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and dispensing of prescription drugs; Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers; Skill in understand and use of PC based cash register; Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills; Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: At least one year of experience in hospital or retail settings. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn the skills, knowledge and abilities as described.
VARIABLE/PER DIEM. As needed by department
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.