Search Our Jobs
MRI Technologist 36 hrs 2nd ShiftJob ID 147008 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under general supervision of the Process Manager and Section Head, performs a variety of routine and advanced MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) procedures in the presence of a strong magnetic field while monitoring and maintaining essential patient care and safety. Flexibility to work overtime/cover other than assigned shifts and other sites as needed. Holiday and on-call rotation mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Obtains and documents necessary patient information from Patient/family/significant others and health-care providers pertinent to the care of the patient. i.e. safety (Use of Magnetic field), medical history for relevance of exam ordered.
2) Completes assessments by utilizing medical record/radiology requisitions/physicians orders to ensure appropriateness of procedures.
3) Assess patients condition/status ensuring ability of patient to proceed with MRI exam.
4) Document all pertinent information involving the use of Oral/IV contrast in Department Log Book, and obtain accurate allergy information.
5) Performs all MRI exams with 100% accuracy. Accurately follows departments clinical protocols, including but not limited to Post-Processing.
6) Begin and complete all MRI exams utilizing the RIS tracking system with 100% accuracy 98-100% of time.
7) Utilizes PACS modality work list with 100% accuracy; patient demographics, accession number.
8) Properly QCs MRI studies utilizing the PACS.
9) Properly evaluates images for diagnostic purposes; recognizing anatomy and pathology for need of an additional scan or contrast.
10) Follows all safety protocols relating to Magnet safety with 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
11) Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach to provide optimal quality patient care/customer satisfaction by working non-assigned shifts as needed and other sites.
12) Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients/visitors and colleagues.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
22) This position requires moving about on foot throughout the department and hospital and from station to station. Position also requires using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull or drag equipment and/or transport patients. Position also requires frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to position patients. Position also requires manual dexterity in order to perform manipulative skills such as turning dials and pushing buttons.
Education: Graduate of AMA approved Radiology Technology Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) with (MR) designation. BLS certified.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in Cross Sectional Anatomy, the use of MRI Scanners/power injectors/venipuncture or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency.
Candidate must be proficient in Magnet safety.
Experience: Two years experience in a hospital setting. Good working knowledge of PACS or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency.
Evenings and every weekend Saturday and Sunday 11am to 1130 pm.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.