Search Our Jobs
Barista Sandwich Maker 32hrs 1st ShiftJob ID 147000 Date posted 06/30/2018
Responsible for preparing, planning and setting up of breakfast, lunch or dinner items as needed for Self Service stations of cafeteria. May need to cover for customer service at the Sandwich Board and/or the counter
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Prepares food items as needed for breakfast, lunch and dinner
2) Replenishes and cleans stations as needed
3) Prepares sandwiches for Cafeteria, and well as sandwiches to order.
4) Follows safe food handling and storage techniques to ensure quality product for customers.
5) Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work station, equipment, utensils and work storage area
6) Maintain positive customer relations at all times
7) Attends all in-services
8) Record hot and cold food temperatures as required by HACCP regulations.
9) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID Badge.
10) Wear plastic gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
11) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
12) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
17) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School graduate preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Manual dexterity with both hands
Significant portion of daily assignments may involve application of manual skill requiring eye and hand coordination
Able to use both hands with equal facility
Able to lift at least 25 pounds and push cart weighting at least 50 pounds
Standing or walking for entire shift
May work with potentially hazardous equipment such as knives.
Nature of duties may also allow for exposure to chemicals used in cleaning, some of which are corrosive
High noise level
Able to read and write English
Ability to follow verbal instructions
Basic organizational skills
Ability to interact with public
DAYS/ Thursday - Saturday with every other weekend
Free parking along with great benefits like hospital retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and more! Come join our talented Food Services team!
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.