Search Our Jobs
Maintenance Mechanic IIJob ID 142852 Date posted 05/19/2018
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager and following established procedures, performs a
variety of repair and installation projects as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Completes small projects as assigned involving general building in a neat, efficient manner. Safely and properly
uses and maintains power tools including electric drills, sanders, saws-all, and the like. Also uses hand tools
including (but not limited to hammers, saws, screwdrivers, chisels, and levels.
2) Installs shelves, cabinets and other similar fixtures according to standards in a neat and efficient manner.
3) Must be able to construct walls, sheetrock, tape& mud, paint, install doors and ceiling grids.
4) Maintains inventory of materials needed to complete projects by requisitioning departments and receiving
5) Performs repairs as needed to fixed and movable transport equipment (beds, wheelchairs, carts, stretchers, etc.).
6) Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks on time and in an appropriate manner and documents same utilizing
work order system.
7) Reports all unusual repair requirements to supervisor for follow-up.
8) Responds to unscheduled and/or emergency situations to meet the needs of the department, i.e. floods, roof leaks,
storm emergencies, etc.
9) Assists Electricians, Plumbers, and HVAC mechanics when appropriate.
10) Performs duties of a Maintenance Mechanic I when necessary.
11) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
12) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
Customer Service standards.
17) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19) Performs all other duties as needed or directed by Facility Manager to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Vocational/trade school building courses in carpentry or woodworking.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Good working knowledge of building repairs, i.e. carpentry, floor and hardware repair. Safe and efficient use of power tools including saws, sanders, drills, and the like. Safe and proper use of hand tools. Accurate use of measuring devices including levels, tape measures, etc
Experience: Minimum 2 years of prior building maintenance and renovation experience, preferably in a healthcare institution. Must have experience in carpentry, door hardware and floor repair
DAYS, Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts with every 3rd weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.