Search Our Jobs
Groundskeeper - 40hrs DaysJob ID 142889 Date posted 07/04/2018
Under the direction of the Facility Manager ? Building & Grounds, shall maintain the appearance of the
grounds by picking up all trash and debris, mow grass, rake leaves, trim trees, maintain all flowers. Also must maintain all walkways,
roadways, and parking lots free from snow. Shall perform repairs and preventive maintenance on all grounds equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Pick up trash and debris and empty exterior trash cans throughout campus. Maintain clean appearance on all properties.
2) Rake leaves, prune trees, and maintain all flowers per established standards.Identify and report areas of same requiring
3) When required, mow all lawns, remove all weeds to establish neat, manicured appearance.
4) Remove snow from all sidewalks, building exits, parking lots, etc. Pre-emptively spread ice melt when and where/as needed.
5) Adjust, repair and perform preventive maintenance on all grounds equipment..
6) Coordinate work of Snow Removal Contractor as directed by supervisor. Identify areas of snow/ice for resolution during
snow/ice events. Check garage for same. Maintain log of snow events including conditions, accumulation totals.
(Comp/Overtime as required)
7) Maintain grounds equipment storage area in a neat, orderly manner per established standards.
8) Grounds vehicle shall be kept clean, both exterior and interior.
9) Plow areas requiring additional snow removal as needed.
10) Report to Facility Manager at completion of daily duties for further direction.
11) Organizational Requirements:
• Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
• Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
• Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: None Required
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Familiarity with 2-cycle engine repair and maintenance.
Experience: Three years experience in grounds maintenance preferably in healthcare institution.
DAYS/ Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts with every 3rd weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.