Search Our Jobs
Door Specialist/Locksmith DaysJob ID 142851 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager, position is responsible for repairs and installation of locks,
closers, electric operators,panic hardware and all equipment associated with the locksmith position.. Responsible for scheduled
inspection and preventive maintenance work orders and documentation of same. Is involved in the purchase and control of material
as needed to perform duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Disassembles and assembles locks, panic hardware and pneumatic/electrical closing devices; makes keys per manufacturer's
2. Installs, maintains and repairs all types of doors, locks and associated projects in compliance with building standards.
3. Performs and/or coordinates preventive maintenance on all fire doors, smoke doors, locks and locking devices and associated
hardware and electronic operators in accordance with the current applicable NFPA Life Safety Code requirements.
4. Assists Maintenance Mechanics as necessary in renovation projects, repairs and other duties as directed by Faciltiy Manager. 5. Estimates time and materials needed for minor construction and repair projects.
6. Involved in the ordering, inventory and control of materials used to maintain adequate inventory.
7. Makes minor repairs as requested on work orders in a timely, accurate manner.
8. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
9. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
10. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
11. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
13. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer
14. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
16. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Vocational/Trade School courses - four year carpenter apprenticeship or equivalent on the job training.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Skilled in use of all carpentry power tools, i.e., table saw, jig saw, saber saw, etc. Repair and maintenance of door hardware systems and locking devices/systems. Knowledge of state and local building codes. Must be able to
read blueprints. In the absence of any of these skills, must have the ability to be thoroughly trained up to organizational standards.
Experience: 3-5 years as locksmith. Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting of electronic operating devices. Previous experience in repairing and maintaining door systems. Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
DAYS/ Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts with every 3rd weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.