Search Our Jobs
Reg & Scheduling Specialist / Full Time / Manchester, MAJob ID 147050 Date posted 05/26/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Registers all new and established outpatients upon arrival, verifying, collecting, and updating required information where needed. Is held accountable for collecting and data-entering information with high degree of accuracy.
2. Statuses all appointments at the time of check-in. Confirms that all appointments are statused by the end of the business day to ensure that all appointments may have appropriate charges posted. Enters all future appointment requests and indicates patient preferences or exclusions for dates and/or times. Schedules multiple appointments in the proper sequence and within appropriate time frames.
3. Successfully navigate Meditech to determine and enter appropriate accounts for maximum financial reimbursement by 3rd party insurance carriers.
4. Collect and process patient payments and co-payments in accordance with established cash handling procedures and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
5. Verifies insurance coverage using Point of Service (POS) device, batch technology, or direct input from patient. In the absence of insurance coverage set up as "self pay" in Meditech; advise patient of self-pay guidelines, and obtains signed waivers for inactive insurance coverage and/or no referral status.
6. Administers MSP Survey to all Medicare patients, in accordance with Medicare and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
7. Identifies all visits associated with Worker's Compensation or a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) for more timely and accurate billing.
8. Triages all appointments to appropriate resource.
9. Escalates questions/issues to approprate resources in order to facilitate access and patient/provider satisfaction.
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
1) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
2) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
3) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
4) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
5) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
6) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
7) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.