Search Our Jobs
OR Operating Room Patient Care Tech 40hrs DaysJob ID 147094 Date posted 05/26/2018
Position Summary: Under general supervision of Charge RN, performs general perioperative responsibilities. General responsibilities include assisting in operating room set-up, monitoring and maintaining stock of sterile supplies and instruments, surgical patient shave and preps, retractor/camera holding and transporting patients, specimens, supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Assists in the transfer and positioning of all surgical patients from other nursing units.
2) Assists OR EVS staff with turnover of Operating Rooms between cases when available.
3) Performs surgical skin preparation (clipping) on appropriate patents.
4) Assists in holding patients for spinal anesthesia.
5) Transports specimens to appropriate laboratories when necessary according to LHMC policy.
6) Delivers blood products to the appropriate surgical suite and inform OR Front Desk of blood products returned and not used.
7) Assists the surgical team with room set-up.
8) Obtains special equipment necessary for the surgical procedure based on pick tickets and special needs. Responsible for setting up, breaking down and putting equipment away properly.
9) Assists with holding hearts, retractors and cameras when necessary using proper sterile technique.
10) Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner; reporting issues or repairs to Equipment Technicians.
11) Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
12) Cleaning of surgical suites after each case.
13) Dispose of hazardous waste in the appropriate manner.
14) Cleaning of stretcher between patients.
15) Maintains proper supplies needed for day-to-day operations.
16) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
17) Participates in performance improvement practices.
18) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
19) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
20) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
21) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
22) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
23) Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
24) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalency
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
- Applies critical thinking towards daily planning, case preparation, and equipment and patient safety. Ability to function at a level of autonomy.
Experience: Requires up to six months of on-the-job training including successful completion second scrub program.
DAYS, weekday, weekend and holiday call per departmental guidelines
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.