Search Our Jobs
Medical Tech blood bankJob ID 146112 Date posted 06/27/2018
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, independently performs a variety of clinical assays and the associated supporting work for use in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Performs start-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures on the instruments and laboratory equipment. Performs quality control and quality assurance procedures as required. Reports results via computer. May specialize in areas such as Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Special Chemistry, Microbiology, or Laboratory Support Services. Special assignments may include training of new employees and teaching Medical Technology students. Coverage includes rotating weekends and holidays. Phlebotomy may be required.
Education: Baccalaureate degree including laboratory internship at an institution certified by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS). Or Associates degree including laboratory internship at an institution certified by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) with a minimum of ten years full-time experience as a staff medical laboratory technician.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Eligible for certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Registry or the National Certification Agency (NCA) for Medical Laboratory personnel. or by American Medical Technologists (AMT) for Medical Laboratory personnel.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Knowledge of clinical tests and standards necessary to perform complex tests and accurately report result.
• Analytic ability to perform complex tests, interpret findings, perform calculations, calibrate instruments, etc.
• Ability to identify and evaluate clinical testing problems and to effect corrective action procedures and modifications.
• Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, utilize good judgment, work accurately under pressure and handle stress to met deadlines.
• Manual dexterity and acuity necessary to prepare specimens, prepare solutions, screen specimens, and operate instrumentation and a computer.
• Interpersonal verbal and written English language skills sufficient to exchange information with physicians and other colleagues.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Experience: Laboratory internship at an institution certified by NAACLS or related experience necessary to qualify to take certification exam.
VARIABLE/PER DIEM. According to department needs
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.