Search Our Jobs
RN Registered Nurse EndoscopyJob ID 147225 Date posted 07/19/2018
Work for a nationally renowned, world-class Boston- area health system without fighting traffic and paying for parking!
Lahey Health believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.
As our Endoscopy Department continues to grow, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses to join our team. Endoscopy provides comprehensive gastrointestinal endoscopic service to our patients. More than 17,000 procedures are performed annually. We are in the process of designing a new Endoscopy Suite. We will be expanding to a nine procedure room unit. Our nursing team provides comprehensive pre, intra, and post care to patients undergoing a wide variety of endoscopic procedures such as:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for the evaluation and management of bile duct obstruction and gallstones.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) for the diagnosis of gastrointestinal submucosal tumors and staging of esophageal cancer, treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding using the latest hemostatic techniques, and expandable stent placement for treatment of strictures of the esophagus, duodenum and colon.
- Radiofrequency Ablation and Cryotherapy
- Per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Routine endoscopies such as colonoscopy for colorectal screening and polyp surveillance and upper endoscopy for the evaluation for ulcers and acid reflux disease
- Our active esophageal motility laboratory performs esophageal manometry, and both catheter-based and Bravo-capsule based ambulatory esophageal pH monitoring.
We are recruiting for day positions with on-call, on rotation.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a Tufts teaching hospital with a staff of over 4,000 and 317 beds. Conveniently located in Burlington, MA - just outside of Boston. Colleagues benefit from free parking, the close proximity of the Burlington Mall and many great eating establishments only a short walk away. This is the perfect location if you want the fast pace and expertise of Boston without the traffic and parking challenges.
- Minimum 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in acute care or sub-acute setting required
- Telemetry experience required, critical care preferred
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification with American Heart Association required
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
DAY/EVE, 4(10hr) shifts - 7:30am-6pm. Weekday, weekend and holiday call required.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.