Search Our Jobs
Mammography TechJob ID 147307 Date posted 05/12/2018
Under the supervision of the Process Manager, performs screening and diagnostic Breast Imaging studies using ionizing radiation for use in the detection and treatment of breast tumors. Monitors and maintains essential patient care and safety including practicing ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Flexibility to work overtime/cover at other sites as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Performs screening and diagnostic Breast Imaging studies using ionizing radiation for use in the diagnosis and treatment of breast tumors.
2. Obtains and documents necessary patient information or history from accessing IDXrad Mammography Module achieving 100% accuracy.
3. Performs all Breast Imaging exams ensure that all exams achieve a quality repeat rate equaling less of than 5% of all completed exams.
4. Begins and completes exams using the (Radiology Information System) RIS with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time.
5. Labels all images with correct patient information and technologist?s initials with 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
6. Reviews exams for quality control (QC) using the Digital system; recognizes artifacts, motion and correct positioning.
7. Responsible for participating with the Process Manager in the QC process for department, utilizing ACR standards.
8. Applies the lowest dose of ionizing radiation that is reasonably achievable, known as ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable), required to produce clear images.
9. Readily and willingly contributes to team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients.
10. Readily works off-sites as needed.
11. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
12. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15. Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
17. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19. Performs other duties in support of the organization as required or directed.
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Radiologic Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? Department of Public Health in Mammography: Radiation Control Program in the specialties in which the technologist practices. Maintains licensure on a biannual basis, maintains CEUS specific to the specialty in which the technologist practices. Certified in basic life support (BLS).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in the use Radiologic equipment including Digital and stereotactic equipment or in the absence of this skill must have the ability to be trained to a level of competency. Minimal computer skills required.
In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Up to 6 months experience with Clinical internship program in a hospital setting is required.
This is a per diem position that will require day, evening and Saturday hours as needed.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.