Search Our Jobs
Patient AdvocateJob ID 18-149 Date posted 07/03/2018
Contributes to the Hospital's mission by collaborating with stakeholders throughout the hospital including patients, family members and visitors to address and work toward preventing patient and visitor complaints and concerns. This position will have an impact on the patient/visitor experience by addressing complaints timely and empathetically and on finances and quality/safety by identifying and addressing trends, conducting root cause analysis, and collaborating throughout the hospital to build a culture committed to improving the patient experience, reducing organizational risks and increasing comprehensive reporting.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Juris Doctorate Degree
• Two (2) years of experience in a full time capacity resolving complex customer complaints and/or managing organizational risk
• Five (5) years of exp erience as an RN or Attorney with demonstrated ability to de-escalate problems and resolve conflicts.
• Experience in a hospital setting
• Medical terminology
• Meditech and/or Epic knowldege
• Other Skills/Knowledge
• Excellent communication a nd customer service skills.
• Computer experience and comfort with learning new data bases.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong ability to work collaboratively with other members of the health care team.
• Strong knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word.
• High level of critical thinking skills.
• Ability to triage priorities and problem solve in a variety of situations.
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate. effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: Massachusetts license as a Registered Nurse or Member of the Massachusetts Bar Association