Search Our Jobs
Medical Staff CoordinatorJob ID 18-232 Date posted 09/21/2018
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital's mission by verifying physician's applications for privileges and conducting background checks to ensure our physicians meet the competency standards as determined by the medical department chiefs and Joint Commission standards. This administrative compliance position will have an impact on hospital safety and physician engagement and satisfaction by appointing/reappointing providers in an efficient and thorough manner.
Required: (One of the following)
• Associates degree in healthcare or business with least (1) one year experience working in a medical staff office or directly relevant area involving enrollment physician credentialing in another setting
• Three (3) years of highly relevant experience with at least (1) one of those years working in a medical staff office or highly relevant area involving provider enrollment/ credentialing in another setting.
• Bachelors degree in a highly relevant field with some experience working with physicians or credentialing.
Preferred: Credentialing experience
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
• General understanding and knowledge of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Systems (CMS), the Joint Commission (TJC), National Association for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and the Massachusetts State Regulations as they pertain to credentialing of Medical Staff members and Allied Health professionals.
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
• Proven ability in word processing and Excel
• Excellent database and Internet navigating skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Polished communication and customer service skills, in writing, in person and over the phone.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: Preferred: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)