Search Our Jobs
Anticoagulation Clinic RNJob ID 18-258 Date posted 04/22/2018
The Outpatient Anticoagulation Clinic is looking for an energetic, well-organized, detail-oriented nursing professional with prior anticoagulation management experience to join their team. In this role, you will be monitoring warfarin patients' INR values, adjusting medication to maintain a prescribed range, and providing patient assessment, education, health maintenance and preventative care during one-on-one visits and over the telephone.
In this role you will also:
- perform PT/INR Point of Care testing
- schedule PT/INR testing via Point of Care, laboratory draws or home INR testing
- evaluate patients & outcome of care; adjust plan and subsequent interventions accordingly using guidelines and protocols.
- document in Epic.
- participate in continuing education and quality activities
- Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Currently RN license in Massachusetts
- Two (2) plus years of recent RN experience in an acute patient care setting.
- Computer skills, ability to multi-task
- Basic Life Support certification or within 2 months of hire.
- Anticoagulation Management Certification or willing to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Recent prior experience in outpatient anticoagulation management.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Certified Anticoagulation Care Provider (CACP)