Welcome To Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home. Our team provides high-quality home care and hospice services by partnering with physicians, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities to provide specialized care to patients in the comfort of their own home. Our team of nurses, therapists (physical, occupational, and speech), medical social workers, and home health aides work together to devise and implement a compassionate care plan that is expressly tailored for each patient.
About the Job
The Clinical Staff Educator is a professional Registered Nurse with in-depth technical expertise and competency in the practice of home health / hospice clinical skills. Assumes responsibility for staff orientation, competency assessment, and professional development of the clinical staff on assigned teams. Serves as a role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes. Provides leadership for the support and development of clinical staff, working collaboratively to plan, develop, and facilitate opportunities for staff to continuously refine and advance their competencies in patient care, teaching, critical thinking and judgement.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Oversees orientation for newly hired staff.
- Assesses competency level of incoming staff and establishes individual plans to ensure competency requirements of clinical staff are achieved.
- Supports preceptors and managers in assisting newly hired clinicians in the successful transition to home health/hospice specialty as practiced at LHAH.
- Coaches and evaluates clinical/critical thinking skills of staff and provides timely feedback to clinical leadership staff on performance expectations.
- Conducts onsite training of a wide variety of clinical skills in a classroom setting and during patient home visits.
- Completes joint visits and acts as a resource for ongoing skill development of clinical staff.
- Identifies unique and creative ways to provide learning experiences and evaluate performance and competencies.
- Researches best practice and promote excellence in evidence-based practice and quality performance.
- Ensures clinicians on assigned teams successfully complete annual competencies.
- Works closely with Epic instructional design team to ensure training is consistent and effectively supports clinical best practices.
- Participates in the development of specialized clinical programs and training the relevant skill set requirements within those programs.
- Maintains accurate departmental records as related to educational programs.
- Understands and applies principles of adult learning.
- Responsible for TB testing for new hires for assigned teams.
- Participates in annual employee flu vaccine program.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Continuing Care Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Continuing Care Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Continuing Care Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the Continuing Care Division.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in MA.
- BLS certified (Instructor status preferred).
- 3-5 years recent experience in home health and/or hospice.
- 1-2 years as clinical educator or similar role
- Strong clinical background required with demonstrably advanced technical nursing skills
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficient in IV therapy, infusion pumps, venipuncture, central line management, g-tubes, chest, abdominal and surgical drains
- Knowledge of educational processes including program planning and implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Integrity, good judgment and initiative
- Positive attitude relative to the company, employees and conduct on the job
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills and ability to manage on-line learning programs
- Demonstrable organizational skills