Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 177833-1A
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About The Job:
• Performs the patient flow, transfer and bed management process for Lahey Clinic
• Works in compliance with Nursing Practice Guidelines which foster safe, cost effective and quality patient care.
• Performs bed flow functions and patient placement process, including operating and managing the electronic bedboard placement of patients
• Optimizes patient flow throughout the hospital by prioritizing admissions, transfers, and bed assignments
• Maintains and displays knowledge of current professional and clinical issues and practices through participation in a professional organization and certification in field of nursing. Uses evidence-based resources to implement necessary changes in the delivery of nursing care and/or nursing practice. System Coordination
• Links departmental goals to organizations mission and goals.
• Works collaboratively to solve problems, improve processes and integrate services within the department and with other departments.
• Responds calmly and efficiently during crisis and/or emergency situations.
• Confronts and effectively deals with issues as they arise without disruption to the departments routine.
• Notifies appropriate colleagues of unsafe working conditions and takes appropriate action.
• Supports new ideas and changes within the department by actively participating and contributing.
• Demonstrates flexibility in meeting demands of the department.
• Organizes and prioritizes work to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates initiative to diagnose problems, attain needed resources and provide solution.
• Manages and communicates information.
• Develops effective communication methods to keep staff and others informed about activities of the organization and department. Quality Improvement
• Participates on multi-disciplinary teams to improve customer patient satisfaction.
• Is alert to potential Quality Assurance/CQI issues and actively participates in the problem-solving process.
• Is able to modify behavior and performance based on results obtained from Quality Assurance monitors. Human Resource Management
• Provides appropriate orientation, competence assessment, in-service training and continuing education for all staff under the direction of the supervisor.
• Fosters a systematic awareness of the diversity that exits within the organization, including culture, ethnicity, gender and age, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to the needs of diverse populations. • Treats staff according to the Lahey Clinic guiding principles.
• Keeps Coordinator and Director informed regarding staff concerns.
Minimum Qualifications Education:
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor's Degree program. Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Current RN Licensure to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Clinical Skills: Clinical competency in area of nursing practice.
Technical Skills: Basic computer skills.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of accumulated in-patient nursing experience and two years leadership experience.
32 Hours Days
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.