Location: Dover, NH
Job ID: 177953-1A
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the mission and goals of the division, focused on the practice of Lahey employed physicians deployed to hospitals outside LHMC.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Types correspondence, forms, reports, manuscripts or other materials that may require complex formatting. Prepares documents with stylized formats, lettering or graphics using specialized commercial software, such as desktop publishing or graphics packages. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2) Schedules meetings and maintains personal calendars for physicians, specialty site manager or director(s). Organizes conference calls and meetings, sometimes with large numbers of participants. Reserves meeting locations and equipment. Prepares meeting agenda and other materials. Prepares travel arrangements as needed.
3) Organizes and schedules conferences, seminars or other department sponsored programs or events. Coordinates all necessary arrangements: location, registration forms and fees, agenda, refreshments, materials and equipment.
4) Maintains departmental files, records and databases. Enters information from source documents into computer databases and/or spreadsheets, compiling, printing and distributing periodic reports, mailing labels and other information as needed. Maintains department reference library of books, journals and other materials.
5) Communicates regularly with BILH staff, patients and visitors and other customers. Interacts with others to provide, gather and disseminate information, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate. Independently researches and follows through on a wide variety of requests.
6) Receives and reconciles invoices, identifying and resolving delays, billing errors or discrepancies.
7) Prepares, routes and tracks administrative forms and documents. Routes materials for required authorizations and monitors receipt by final destination. Communicates with other hospital departments to resolve delays and errors.
8) Performs routine clerical duties, such as opening and sorting mail, photocopying materials and sorting, collating and distributing documents.
9) Facilitates problem solving, providing appropriate direction to others. Acts as a department resource to others for information and training.
Education: High School diploma or GED required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
Experience: 1-2 years related work experience required.
Part Time- Flexible Hours
This position can be mostly remote, 1-2 times a month would need to come into the office unless a colleague feels they need them onsite.
There also may require trvel to York, Maine
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.