Location: Peabody, MA
Job ID: 177934-1A
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Medical Center, Peabody, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Medical Center is a full-service, community-based hospital and medical center serving patients in the Peabody and North Shore region. The hospital features a 24-hour Emergency Department, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and 39 medical and surgical specialties for patients ages 18 and older. The hospital has a 10-bed inpatient unit for overnight hospitalizations, a full range of diagnostic imaging services, a lab for blood work, an on-site pharmacy, eye care, hearing aid center, primary care providers, cancer treatment, a continence center and orthopedic care. Leading-edge technology at Lahey Medical Center, Peabody, includes an advanced CT scanner, on-site MRI, 3D mammography, radiation oncology and a state-of-the-art neurophysiology lab. The hospital also offers specialty services, including a weight loss center, cancer center, spine center, pain center and sleep disorders center.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under HIM leadership assures that assigned patient health information is scanned and indexed properly in support of the approved taxonomy for the EHR so that the information is easily retrieved by the end users. Validate that the information is processes in accordance with Heath Information policies and procedures and established turnaround times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Verifies and match each electronic batch number to corresponding patient medical documents and confirm that scanned images reconcile with paper medical documents.
2. Verifies that like form types are grouped as a single document, filed in the correct electronic folder and available for
3. Performs a random sampling of patient data in EHR.Verifies patient information against paper medical documents
and correct as needed.
4. Reviews electronic images within the batch to confirm image quality, order and appropriate rotation. Determines if
images need to be enhanced for clarity or to delete, add or revise episodes.
5. Corrects all identified QC/indexing issues and communicates to appropriate staff those corrections outside of their
individual application access rights.
6. Validates that the documents are viewable in appropriate tab within the Epic application within established
timeframes to support remote coding workflow.
7. Supports and assists colleagues with EHR related questions within area of responsibility.
8. Acts as liaison between other Lahey departments providing, instruction, information and communication to support
and assist colleagues with EHR related questions.
9. Prepares and scans batches of documents into the electronic document management system as needed.
10. Learn, adapt and apply skills to new technology and processes as they are implemented.
11. Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
12. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer
18. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to effectively organize and prioritize administrative duties. Ability to access and process electronic information utilizing computer technology.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience performing administrative duties involving document processing utilizing computer technology.
Lahey-Peabody Main Site
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.