Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
$3000 Sign on bonus (pro rated for PT) and New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
The ESP Call Center Assistant Director is responsible for coordinating operational activities, optimal functioning, and utilization of centralized bed management of the ESP Call Center including oversight and monitoring of the program’s protocols. Primarily oversees the day to day operations of the 24/7 Call Center- Centralized Bed Management component.
The Assistant Director will work closely with the Call Center Director and VP of ESP to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure continuous quality improvement in relation to the functioning of the triage system. The Assistant Director will recruit, hire, train and supervise the staff performing centralized bed management duties. Monitors that staff are following approved protocols and procedures and ensures they are responding to callers appropriately and linking them with support, services, information (when applicable), and referrals to community resources.
- Under the supervision of the ESP Call Center Director, the ESP Call Center Assistant Director monitors call center program guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Works with the Call Center Director to evaluate program outcomes and to ensure culturally appropriate continuum of services for clients.
- Collaborates with BILH BS CMO and ESP Call Center Operations Manager to facilitate BILH BH Bed Management Huddle.
- Monitors the effectiveness and utilization of centralized bed management, making adjustments as needed. Monitors quality initiatives (Response Time, ED Diversion), including staff recruiting and training, monitoring/reporting of significant clinical events.
- Works with both internal and external providers and Emergency Services components to ensure seamless delivery of services, including development of referral and admission workflows encompassing all levels of care.
- Collaborates regularly and provides timely and efficient communication with ESP Call Center Director and ESP division leadership on ESP call center issues, challenges, and needs with the goal of supporting effective triaging of services and optimal flow of information.
- With the ESP Call Center Director, assists in the supervision and reviews the performance management of staff as well as the overall functioning of the ESP Call Center.
- Conforms to organizational standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes organization’s behavioral health standards as the basis for decision making and to support the organization’s mission and goals.
- Provide oversight and supervision during scheduled hours for call center team staff in managing referrals/case assignments. Support call center team in key decision-making situations for optimal service delivery, model best practice, and positive impact on triage workflow for ESP division teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that supervisee’s and other identified staff’s time management and workflow requirements are completed as directed (including documentation, communication, bed searches and insurance certifications). Ensures ESP Call Center staff documentation are in compliance with the organizations methods of Quality Assurance.
- Sets example for staff by consistently presenting self in a professional manner.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal, external providers, stakeholders, as well as other regulatory bodies.
- In collaboration with the ESP Call Center Director, conduct ongoing review of the clinical program design, suggest and if applicable implement recommendations for improvement.
- Attends monthly ESP Division Management Meetings and MBHP monthly PQM and State Wide Meeting.
- Share system wide on-call duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work and at least 2 years of supervisory experience. Must have knowledge of, and direct experience in an emergency services delivery system.
- Licensed at the Independent level, LICSW, LMHC, or must be license-eligible in the Commonwealth of MA.
- Strong diagnostic skills; competence in crisis intervention and engagement strategies. Must be able to quickly establish rapport with a wide range of clinical presentations. Knowledge of vast array of community resources and how to access them.
Schedule: FT - 40 hrs/wk
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.