Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 177747-1A
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The EMS Dispatcher is the initial point of contact for those requesting transport services from the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center team. Customer services skills will lay the foundation for the overall experience of those using our team. Organizing and allocating the resources of the ambulance service in order to maximize productivity will encompass a majority of the job. However, attention to detail for accurate data collection and documentation will support the field team from pre-arrival paperwork through post-event billing. This position will be the backbone of the field units and will be critical in their function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Respond promptly to client inquires related to emergent and non-emergency ambulance discharge/transfers.
2) Collect the necessary information to appropriately prioritize interfacility and discharge ambulance transports.
3) Utilizes system status management principles to track, direct and redirect multiple ambulances based on availability, location, and acuity to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
4) When necessary, update clients regarding scheduled transports.
5) Meet performance goals including, but not limited to, efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, procedures and professionalism.
6) Maintains a good working relationship with hospital colleagues, community emergency service providers, hospital staff, physicians and other allied health professionals. Represent Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the EMS Services in a positive, professional manner. Interacts with hospital colleagues in a spirit of cooperation and in the patient's best interest.
7) Participates in continued learning and possess a willingness and ability to learn and utilize new technology and procedures that continue to develop in their role and throughout the organization. Embraces technological advances that allow us to communicate information effectively and efficiently based on role.
8) Other duties as assigned.
9) Organizational Requirements:
Education: High School diploma or GED required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.