Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
BILH Primary Care is pleased to offer a unique pathway to a career in healthcare with a special paid training program. Ideal for those with no prior experience but sincerely interested in medical assisting.
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you see yourself as the friendly member of the care team greeting patients in a provider’s office? Would you like a career path to other roles in health care?
Clinical Assistants partner with the health care delivery team to ensure the patient is cared for with the highest level of quality and respect. Our providers rely on the Clinical Assistant to communicate with the patient and assure that their visit runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Clinical Assistant Training Program is an 8 week paid learning experience, the first 6 weeks 9:00 am to 3:30pm daily where students will be instructed on prepping an exam room, clinical intake with patients, vital signs and so much more!
Who is Eligible?
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- You must have a high school diploma or a GED
- No prior work experience is necessary however customer service experience or skills is a plus.
- Be interested in having a direct impact on the safety and outcomes of patients.
- Enjoy a career with a work/ life balance that is a Monday thru Friday workweek.
- Must meet the minimum requirements of employment including compliance with our vaccination policies.
Highlights of the program:
- You will be hired as a Clinical Assistant for onsite classroom training for the first 6 weeks 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Following successful completion you will be assigned a preceptor and offered two weeks of 40 hours training in a primary care practice.
- After a period of successful employment, Clinical Assistants will be promoted to a Medical Assistant role and BILH will then work with them to attain certification.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.