Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources - NHC, the Director, HR Business Partner collaborates with other HR colleagues for the effective delivery of HR services and programs to Northeast Hospital Corporation (NHC), which is comprised of Beverly, Addison Gilbert and BayRidge Hospitals. This includes talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, organizational planning, compensation and benefits administration, policy administration and organizational development activities. The primary purpose of the role is to provide consultative support and partnership to assigned leaders and employees to drive human capital initiatives and associated business results. The HRBP will partner with the NHC leadership to drive a culture of high employee engagement, developing strategic and tactical plans to achieve the organization’s goals. Will provide HR consultation to leadership on strategic staffing plans, employee relations, compensation, benefits and employee development, along with managing the risk associated with personnel actions. Interfaces with all levels of the organization and consults with centralized BILH centers of expertise to coordinate the delivery of HR services to employees. Collaborates with Recruiters on talent acquisition strategies and staffing matters to ensure the attraction of top and diverse talent. Participates in training programs with OD, as necessary. The successful individual will lead with a system mindset that embraces transformation and change, build strong cross-functional relationships and foster a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Develops a thorough understanding of the organization’s needs and future direction in order to communicate HR implications to leaders and employees.
- Partners with the leadership team to optimize the delivery of all Human Resources services to assist in achieving department and organizational goals. Provides leaders with ongoing coaching.
- Provides consultation to leaders on strategic planning related to department restructuring, reorganizations, workforce planning, etc.
- Advises and counsels leaders on all employment/employee relations matters, ensuring consistency with policies and practices. Assists with investigations and corrective action decisions. Investigates issues related to working conditions, disciplinary actions or other. Uses knowledge of federal and state laws, policies and practices to advise leadership and ensure compliance.
- Identifies and researches HR issues to offer recommendations, with information and analysis, to assist in effective resolution.
- Understands business conditions and stays current on trends within HR to present an informed point of view.
- Applies diversity and inclusion practices to promote inclusive hiring, promotions and employee development.
- Reviews and manages any involuntary employment terminations, and consults with Legal staff, as needed.
- Partners with HR colleagues and department leadership to develop a high performing culture that promotes employee development, recognition and engagement for personal and professional success.
- Uses metrics and other available information to assist with organizational development programs.
- Stays in regular communications with business leaders on projects, priorities and staff initiatives.
- Collaborates with Recruiters on critical positions or other talent acquisition strategies to ensure proactive recruitment efforts that yield the selection of the most qualified and diverse candidates.
- Keeps VP of Human Resources aware of employee relations issues and seeks guidance on complex matters. Reviews potential legal issues with VPHR and consults with Legal counsel, when warranted. Prepares requested documentation and participates in matters, as requested by counsel.
- Works with the VPHR to review and propose improvements to policies and practices affecting the workplace and its employees. Communicates changes and ensures compliance.
- Coaches leaders and employees on change management strategies and methodology.
- Actively participated in functional meetings, sharing ideas and following through on commitments.
- Organizes and participates in new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Participates in training sessions in partnership with OD.
- Completes all HR transactions and related administrative tasks for assigned business groups.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field. Master’s preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of professional level Human Resources generalist and management experience, including employee relations, OD and TA.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Human Resources, preferably within a system environment and with a multi-site dispersed workforce.
- Knowledge of HR policies, approaches, and state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peers, leaders and other staff, and with sensitive and confidential information, applying good judgment and analytical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills, able to asssess needs, influence outcomes and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Sense of urgency, follow up and responsiveness, with high level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Process improvement and/or business transformation skills.
- Experience with HCM systems.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.