Welcome to The Herrick House, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health Continuing Care. Our teams of nurses, aides, food service, and environmental service employees work to create an environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents along with their families.
About the Job
Position Summary: Responsible for preparing dining room for meals by setting tables, folding napkins, filling water glasses, providing and refilling condiments. Serves meals to residents in a courteous and professional manner and clears dishes from tables to kitchen. Removes soiled linens from tables and cleans and straightens dining room after meals.
Essential Job Functions: The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by The Herrick House without posing a direct threat to himself, herself or others.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Dining Room Responsibilities
- Responsible for taking resident meal orders in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
- Delivers resident meal orders in a timely manner
- Prepare and set table to include tablecloth and napkin placement, setting silverware and dishes, maintaining and setting condiments
- Makes self knowledgeable of daily menu selections and provides this information to the resident
- Makes self knowledgeable of individual resident dietary restrictions
- Uses bus buckets to clear tables and transport dirty dishes to dishwashing station separating glasses, china and flatware in a timely manner
- Assures all chinaware is stacked and handled properly and carefully to avoid breakage
- Cleans and straightens dining room after meals in preparation for next meal by vacuuming, straightening chairs and tables, refilling condiments, folding napkins, wiping furniture down, etc.
- Restocks dining room linen supply daily
- Restocks dining room wait station as assigned
- Empties trash as needed
- Responsible for changing daily menus and cleaning menu cover
- Assists with re-directing residents to their seats as needed
- Communicates to Director of Food Services dietary constraints not adhered to by residents, resident feedback and other pertinent information or observations regarding dietary and food service
Kitchen Area Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining a clean kitchen and dining areas to include cleaning coffee station, microwave, small refrigerators and straightening cabinets and flatware bin
- Responsible for picking up room service tray slips from kitchen door
- Responsible for filling room service tray order and placing outside kitchen door for pick-up
- Assists in the preparation of employee meals
- Prepares salads on a daily basis
- Completes and initials daily assignment sheets in a timely manner
- Restocks refrigerators in kitchen and dining room
- Performs similar and other related duties as required
- Follows departmental policy on replacement coverage when unable to cover shift