Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 177275-1A
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2022
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
About the Job
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educates staff, as needed.
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have an impact on patient care.
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
8. Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs.
11. Assist in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during belongings search and enter proper data into computer.
12. Participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the Registered Nurse.
13. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Part-time, evening, 32 hours a week
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
HS Diploma Required
College Degree in Psychology or related field preferred
Experience and desire to work with the public, in a healthcare setting, or in human services required.
Experience with EPIC, one- to- one interaction with patients, and De-escalation management preferred.
Ability to demonstrate a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
Works cooperatively and effectively with others with the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
Must be fluent in English(verbal and written)