Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 177300-1A
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2022
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by screening patients, families, visitors & vendors for Covid during the pandemic and beyond, as needed. This customer service represents the entry points of hospital and off site locations and will strongly influence the overall perception of care for the patient.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience Required: Prior customer service and/or experience in a health care setting preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
PPE is provided: masks, goggles or shield required, Gloves for cleaning only.
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position
· Administers required health questionnaires to employees, visitors, vendors, & contractors utilizing a provided screening tool.
· Greets patients and others timely and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· Provides assistance with the entry/exit doors, as needed
· Offers wheelchair when appropriate. Retrieves wheelchair and assists individual into the chair. Pushes patient in wheelchair as necessary
· Reviews the computer system to assess information, as needed.
· Ensures individuals are directed as needed, including calling areas to determine the proper location & alert staff of their arrival.
· Answers common, non-clinical/complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate.
· Provides general information regarding the Hospital, its services and other information to improve the total experience.
· Provides a friendly hello and farewell when individuals enter or leave the hospital or it’s offsite locations
7.5 Hours Weekly
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.