Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Triage Mental Health Counselor, Emergency ServicesApply Now Job ID 143247 Date posted 05/15/2017
Under the direction of the Master's Level Triage Clinician, contributes to the smooth function of the ESP by serving as the person triaging calls and prioritizing the use of clinicians and other resources. Serves as liaison with related systems and provides supportive and informational communication with persons served.
1.Under the direction of the Master?s Level Triage clinician, provides procedural direction and support to crisis clinicians by phone and/or face as needed.
2. Answers phones, provides initial phone assessment.
3. Maintains awareness of/monitors activity of active and pending cases.
4. Utilizes staffing patterns during shift to maximize response to consumer need.
5. Provides assistance to clinicians with bed searches, insurance verifications/authorizations, resource and system knowledge sharing.
6. Serves as primary liaison between the organization and other providers such as hospital emergency rooms to ensure quality of care.
7. Acts as a conduit for the flow of information regarding programmatic updates and clinical procedural alerts.
8. Accesses administrator on call when needed.
9. Collects and records data and statistics for various reporting needs of the program, including triage log on computer.
10. Provides feedback to Program Director regarding issues effecting shift performance.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or other service providers. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Bachelor degree required. Degree in psychology or related field preferred.
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace. Stays current with maintaining professional status. Must be able to answer phones and hear and communicate fluently with English speaking callers. Must be able to key into computer. Must be able to read documentation and computer entries.
Varies Scheduled Hours Per Diem
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 143247 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.