Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Mental Health CounselorApply Now Job ID 145210 Date posted 10/19/2017
Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities. Primarily responsible for ensuring an environment that promotes safety, recovery, and treatment. Works effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality care.
1. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during body and belonging search and enter proper data into computer.
2. Assists with case management duties, which include one on one client contact each shift, family conferences if needed, collaboration with other service providers and follow up with referral programs.
3. Contribute to the assessment, individualized crisis prevention planning, discharge planning, and care coordination processes.
4. Mental health counselors who are certified as a CPS also provide peer-to-peer support and psycho-education about wellness and recovery.
5. Acts as liaison to all inpatient facilities, case managers, psychiatrists, therapists, clinicians, referred agencies, and families to maintain communication for staff and clients.
6. Leads or co-leads supportive psycho-educational groups.
7. Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the Registered Nurse.
8. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient?s safety status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Other related duties as assigned; such as meal preparation and some housekeeping.
Bachelor degree in psychology or related field.
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace. Stays current with maintaining professional status. Scheduled Hours Per Diem