Search Our Jobs
As a physician-led, nonprofit group practice, Lahey Clinic is known for introducing innovative technologies and pioneering medical treatments. A teaching affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine, Lahey offers rich opportunities for physicians drawn to academic medicine.
Chair, Division of Hospital Medicine at Lahey Hospital and Medical CenterApply Now Job ID 9 Date posted 08/20/2015
Chair, Division of Hospital Medicine at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
The Division of Hospital Medicine at Lahey Health, headquartered in Burlington Massachusetts, is actively seeking an experienced physician leader to manage and operate Hospital Medicine Services within our geographically distributed system of hospitals located North of Boston. The Hospital Medicine group is comprised of approximately 63 physician FTEs, and 24 FTE advanced care providers responsible for approximately 11,000 discharges annually, and all committed to providing high quality patient-centered care. Our hospitalists enjoy a high level of collegiality and a supportive environment in which individual contributions are recognized and true team spirit is fostered and expected. The Chair of Hospital Medicine at Lahey Health reports to the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
It is expected that the Chair of Hospital Medicine will:
- Work and collaborate with physician, nursing and administrative leadership as a triad in achieving high quality, patient centric, and cost effective care.
- Collaborate effectively with the other Divisions within the Department of Medicine, and with the Departments of Emergency Medicine and Surgery, as well as community practitioners.
- Develop and implement quality improvement goals and objectives that are aligned with Lahey’s organizational strategy.
- Provide high quality clinical care.
- Serve as a supportive role model and mentor to other members of the Division.
- Develop and conduct annual performance evaluations for all clinicians.
- Lead the recruitment and retention of physicians and advanced practitioners.
- In collaboration with administrative and finance staff, develop and manage to the annual budget for the Division.
- Actively support the educational mission of the Division in the teaching of medical students and residents, and in Lahey’s CME programs.
- Develop a program of research which is inclusive and aligned with the clinical and quality improvement mission of the Division.
Candidates for this position:
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine and eligible for licensure in Massachusetts.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a hospitalist, and at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Should have attained fellowship in the Society of Hospital Medicine and/or fellowship of the American College of Physicians.
- Should possess strong clinical, managerial and leadership skills, and demonstrate a high level of emotional and social intelligence.
Lahey Health is a progressive and highly regarded integrated healthcare system offering a continuum of care that includes three Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospital organizations in the country: Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, a renowned 317-bed, Tufts-affiliated Teaching Hospital; Winchester Hospital, perennially voted the top hospital to work for in Massachusetts; and Beverly Hospital, recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield for two years running as the top quality hospital in all of Massachusetts. Lahey Health also includes outpatient centers, primary care providers and specialists, behavioral health services, post-acute programs such as home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources located throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.
Laheyis dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic organization committed to caring for patients and ourselves in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from minorities and women.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send CVs and Letters of Interest to:
David T Martin, MD, FRCP, MACP
Chair, Department of Medicine
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Burlington, MA 01805