Search Our Jobs
As a physician-led, nonprofit group practice, Lahey Clinic is known for introducing innovative technologies and pioneering medical treatments. A teaching affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine, Lahey offers rich opportunities for physicians drawn to academic medicine.
Medical DirectorApply Now Job ID 17 Date posted 12/23/2015
The new Lahey Health at MarketStreet Lynnfield is looking for a full time Medical Director to begin employment in August of 2018. As a physician leader in aprimary care practice in a multi-specialty location, the Medical Director will work with system leaders to ensure that Lahey Health Primary Care provides outstanding medical care to its patients while serving as a resource of healthcare excellence for the surrounding community. The Medical Director candidate will promote collegial dialogue and collaborates in planning and problem solving in an environement that values diversity and enables colleagues to develop their talents into top tier clinicians.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Assist in physician recruitment and interviews of potential candidates
- Physician development and staff retention
- Achievement of site quality, financial and patient satisfaction goals
- Development of site initiatives
- Management of resource allocation
- Working with Operations leadership to address behavioral issues, physician concerns, and physician performance
- Track site performance relative to objectives using benchmarks and data outcomes provided by the department
The Medical Director will be committed to Patients in the following ways
- Acknowledge that the quality of care and patient safety are the highest priority in delivery of care
- Collaborate with administrative and physician leadership on the optimization of patient access initiatives designed to ensure timely and efficient appointment scheduling
- Apply quality customer service principles to all encounters with patients, families, colleagues and members of the community
The Medical Director will be committed to Lahey Health at MarketStreet Lynnfield in the following ways
- Demonstrate mastery of clinical field and promote sharing of medical knowledge to enhance the team’s clinical practice
- Conduct and lead regular staff meetings along with Practice Manager
- Affirm Lahey Health’s standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles of Respect, Caring, Teamwork, Excellence and Commitment to Personal Best through example
Lahey Health at MarketStreet Lynnfield will provide a consumer-focused retail health care experience to patients of all ages. We aim to meet our consumers’ health care needs based the ideas of convenience, access and service, while maintaining our standard of high-quality care. Lahey Health at MarketStreet Lynnfield is geographically accessible for patients who utilize all of our hospitals — Lahey Hospital & Medical Center in Burlington, Lahey Medical Center in Peabody, Beverly Hospital, Winchester Hospital, and Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester.
Please contact Ellen Sullivan, Physician Recruiter at Lahey Health, at (978) 621-8061 or at Ellen.M.Sullivan@lahey.org for more information.