Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Clinician (LICSW)Apply Now Job ID 144689 Date posted 11/17/2017
As part of the primary care treatment team, assist primary health care providers with recognizing and treating mental health disorders and substance abuse by identifying, triaging and managing patients within the primary care setting. Collaborate with the primary care providers using behavioral health screenings to identify level of care, resources and treatment planning. Provide short-term therapy, using a range of evidence-based treatment modalities.
1. Review medical record prior to initial evaluation to familiarize self with patient's history in order to perform a thorough, quality assessment.
2. Exercise knowledge from medical record, screening form and patient presentation, to assess patient for behavioral health disorders and the continuum of substance use disorders, including use, abuse and/or dependence.
3. Utilize clinical skills in brief treatment approaches such as: CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem-Solving Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Behavioral Activation and Psycho-Education.
4. In collaboration with the primary care treatment team, design behavioral health treatment plan of care based on patient needs and overall assessment.
5. Implement strategy to meet the education needs of the patient/family/others as it relates to psychological health and/or substance use.
6. Design and execute effective behavioral health and substance use education curricula classes for staff and other providers.
7. Complete all clinical documentation (intake packets, termination/transfer, billing sheets, insurance forms etc.) within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies. Documentation must meet quality standards established by regulatory bodies and the agency.
8. Adhere to all organization, federal and state regulations, guidelines and/or contractual obligations.
9. Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
10. Develop supervision plan with supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
11. Build and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, visitors, external providers, regulatory bodies, and the broader health care community.
12. Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all time.
13. Other related duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Social Work or other directly-related Human Service discipline.
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) required.
Flexibility: Opportunity to work as a member of an integrated care team and to see clients in the familiar primary care office setting. Ability to provide leadership, accept responsibility, work independently and set own goals in a professional manner. Travel between primary care offices as needed.
Ability to exercise good judgment clinically, legally, and ethically and to consult with supervisor as needed.
Good oral and written communication.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
days Scheduled Hours 40 hours per week, full time.
Hours will be split 20/20 between Ipswich and Lynnfield.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 144689 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.