Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Social Worker Group LeaderApply Now Job ID 143534 Date posted 08/03/2017
Assumes responsibility for the clinical development and management of patient groups in department assigned. Collaborates with Clinical Nurse Manager and other allied disciplines and departments to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality care. In collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Manager, plans appropriate group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients.
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Attend all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital.
3. Support and implement administrative decisions.
4. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
5. Maintain a clear understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Consistently prepare and plan groups according to patient needs. Make appropriate programmatic changes in response to patient population and system-wide needs.
8. Demonstrate strong group leadership skills, shows awareness of both content and process, focusing on either or both when appropriate.
9. Consistently complete all paperwork in an organized and timely fashion.
10. Consistently monitor patients and communicate to treatment team patient?s level of participation and ability to utilize groups.
11. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Leadership positions should describe the type and level of supervision exercised over specific job titles.
Please include the size of the budget managed if this position has budgetary responsibility.
The types of oral and written communications and internal and external interactions that are required in this position can also be included in this section.
Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other service providers. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1. Leading a group
2. Ability to evaluate patient needs
3. Development of group treatment programs
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Work cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
Second Shift Scheduled Hours 40 Hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.nebhealth.org/careers/. Use the Job ID number 143534 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.