Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Lead Security Guard Inpatient BayRidge Hospital, 40 HoursApply Now Job ID 143613 Date posted 06/09/2017
The Lead Security Officer will help ensure colleague and patient safety at BayRidge Hospital by monitoring and enforcing safety policies and procedures as well as assisting with patient emergencies.
1. Patrol hospital interior and exterior grounds.
2. Transport /escort all visitors, patients and emergency personnel to appropriate unit.
3. Conduct safety checks to detect and deter crime and violation of policies.
4. Open security parking gates and all entrances to facility.
5. Assist in all building emergencies as well as unit emergencies during a crisis.
6. Respond to patient emergencies by assisting in de-escalation techniques as well as restraints when directed to do so.
7. Perform a wide variety of basic maintenance activities to buildings and equipment, including preventive maintenance, fire and life safety inspections.
8. Maintain the cleanliness of assigned post including the dressing of bed linens.
9. Write and communicate incidents via hospital proprietary data entry software.
10. Input data into proprietary software for patient tracking.
11. Perform CODE RED Drills and maintain an accurate log system.
12. Maintain an accurate maintenance system/log of all radios and communication devices.
13. Maintain an accurate logging system of all patient belongings, patient secured cabinets, patient secured shed and safe.
14. Able to work all 3 shifts as needed.
15. Other related duties as assigned.
Leadership positions should describe the type and level of supervision exercised over specific job titles.
Please include the size of the budget managed if this position has budgetary responsibility.
The types of oral and written communications and internal and external interactions that are required in this position can also be included in this section.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other service providers.
College degree in criminal justice or related field preferred with 3 - 5 years of experience working in a medical facility.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) One-to-one interactions with patients
2) Knowledge of drug and alcohol withdrawal
3) De-escalation/Restraint Management
4) Ability to do data entry
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
First Scheduled Hours 40 Hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The physical and demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with temporary or permanent disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. However, this is not always possible.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 143613 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.