Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Receptionist, Danvers Treatment Center (12 hours, weekends)Apply Now Job ID 144508 Date posted 08/21/2017
This position is our patients' and visitors' first point of contact at the Danvers Treatment Center by phone and in-person.
1. Answers switchboard within prescribed number of rings with standard greeting and identification of the organization.
2. Directs calls to proper extensions and/or voice mail or takes messages, as required.
3. Transfers telephone system to and from evening service, retrieving and relaying messages taken by the service.
4. Greets visitors and notifies appropriate staff of their arrival.
5. Collects client payments when payment is required; makes change; codes and issues payment receipt.
6. Complies with cash control procedures including preparation of daily cash receipt log and accuracy and security of cash box.
7. Helps keep reception area neat and clean.
8. Notifies the Manager on duty when there is a problem developing in the milieu/waiting area.
9. Keeps census log up to date and is responsible for getting medical/client charts from the Records Department.
10. On occasion may be asked to assist with general direct care duties.
11. Answers and uses TTY equipment as needed.
12. Remains familiar with AR-PLUS (or current) billing software. Electronically schedules client appointments.
13. Performs typing and other clerical tasks as required.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds in an articulate and professional manner to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting and participates as a team player.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality. Scheduled Hours 12hrs/wk: Saturday and Sunday 9am - 3pm
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.