Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Case Manager, Danvers Detox Program, Full TimeApply Now Job ID 144711 Date posted 09/11/2017
The Case Manager has the responsibility for providing case management services to individuals who are detoxing from drug and/or alcohol. This includes assessing service needs; counseling, developing plans for access to services, liaison with client, families, programs, and service providers.
1. Assumes individual case load which involves conducting individual intake evaluation and counseling sessions, providing referral to continuing care, and sharing responsibility for group programming.
2. Obtains and documents in a precise and timely matter all relevant intake material. Assesses patients? continuing care needs, contacts appropriate aftercare resources and arranges for transfer or admission to appropriate rehabilitation facilities and/or liaison with self-help organizations.
3. Shares responsibility for education and other group programming, including recreation.
4. Attends staff meetings and supervisory sessions.
5. Responsible for all necessary paperwork and record keeping as directed.
6. Participates in client evaluations and case conferences.
7. When possible and/or requested, provided referrals for affected family members to self-help programs.
8. Coordinate client?s transportation to next level of care.
9. Other related duties as assigned
Associates degree in Human Services field; two to three years related experience and/or training in the area of chemical dependency. Knowledge of relevant community resources for continuing care/aftercare placement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations; Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) preferred.
Must be able to complete on-site CPR training/certification.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality. Scheduled Hours Full time, 40 hours per week, benefited position, (evening hours)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.nebhealth.org/careers/. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.