Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Temporary EHR Credentialed TrainerApply Now Job ID 144709 Date posted 09/11/2017
Position Summary: Delivers in-classroom instruction on assigned applications of the Epic electronic health record (EHR) system to a diverse audience of End Users.
1) leading instruction and competency testing for the Super Users and End Users
2) providing tutorial or special audience training.
3) assisting with go-live support for the End Users during the activation periods. The incumbent is also accountable for maintaining the readiness of training rooms, assembling training materials, and generating status reports on training sessions and participating in the quality improvement process.
This position requires successful completion of the Epic credentialing process training program on the application(s), to include ?teach back? methodology, successful completion of a teaching presentation before a panel, and successful completion of a Credentialing exam. Travel is required to other sites as needed for meetings and classes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Delivers classroom instruction for assigned application(s) of Epic Program.
Leads assigned classroom activities. Records questions and feedback as appropriate to include in future education and/or end user support sessions. Administers and grades end user proficiency examinations. Ensures classroom attendance is accurately recorded and reported for each training session. Reviews and modifies curriculum and lesson plans to ensure articulacy with any changes to the material.
2. Ensures the readiness of training rooms, computer workstations, devices and materials for class. Collaborates with Learning Team members to review list of scheduled attendees prior to class to determine and prepare classroom support needs (curriculum, materials, tests, etc.). Works closely with IT support team as necessary.
3. Assesses the effectiveness of the curriculum to identify and contribute to quality improvements. Consults with management and technical staff to ensure the validity and relevance of course curriculum. Recommends modifications to curriculum based on student feedback. Reviews assigned curriculum and lesson plans and recommends changes to the Instructional Designers. Incorporates changes to curriculum, lessons plans, End User proficiency testing requirements and incorporates into classroom training.
4. Provides ?Go Live? Support and serves as a training resource to assigned departments/clinics. Provides one-on-one and small group teaching support to End Users during ?Go Live? stage. Documents and interprets common themes of End Users? ?Go Live? support needs.
Assists with issues/questions at ?Go Lives? and/or refers issues to Command Center.
Attends ?Go Live? support team meetings and presents issues as requested.
5. Collaborates with LMS System Administrators to ensure accurate attendance and reporting from classes. Attends LMS team meetings, as needed. Reviews and ensure final attendance records for accuracy.
6. Attends required meetings
7. Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
8. Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities
9. Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
10. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
11. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
13. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
14. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
16. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree in Education or healthcare related field
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Current driver?s license valid in the state of MA or other evidence of equivalent mobility.
Must obtain Credentialed Trainer status with Epic Training Leadership team within 6 weeks.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Knowledge of the concepts, standards and practices relating to adult learning, continuing education and educational effectiveness.
Knowledge of the activities associated with the design, delivery and evaluation of effective computer training programs.
Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for delivering formal and informal training programs and evaluating their effectiveness.
Knowledge, at an intermediate level, of the features and functionality of Microsoft Office products and other desktop applications.
Ability to review and critique curricula, course content/outlines, training tools, participant materials and related documentation.
Ability to provide effective direct technical assistance to users in the operation and use of computer applications.
Ability to express ideas and convey technical information effectively in verbal and written communication, and in group training presentations.
Ability to assess and translate organization/customer needs to learning objectives and devise effective training solutions.
Ability to keep abreast of the literature regarding computer training and to evaluate the potential of new materials and instructional aids.
Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply technical manuals and documentation.
Ability to incorporate adult learning principles into the planning and delivery of lesson plans and user guides for training classes.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency.
Strong organizational, coordination and follow up skills required.
Ability to multitask.
Ability to adhere to time schedules in order to meet project deadlines.
Experience with adult education, instructional design and curriculum delivery.
3 years of related work experience preferably including training program design and implementation. Preferred experience in a healthcare related environment and providing training with an electronic health record preferred or any equivalent
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.