Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Telecommunications Operator, Beverly HospitalApply Now Job ID 144409 Date posted 11/30/2017
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Telecommunications Director, provides 24/7, 365 day service operating switchboard, paging console, patient information and monitors and responds to all codes, trauma and hospital wide alarm activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Receives and processes 3500 - 4500 calls daily for Lahey. In addition supports internal calls from hospital staff for paging and directory assistance.
2) Operates AMCOM paging software system. Incorporates paging, message retrieval, physician registry, and overhead paging. Processes approx. 2000 pages per day.
3) Initiates/oversees after hours on call schedule for Lahey and certain CGP locations for patient and staff calls. Maintains sleep room schedules for medical staff and will locate staff as necessary. Accountable for calling OR and Recovery room nurses when emergency surgical cases are required.
4) Monitors/Responds to all Lahey activated codes and alarms including: Trauma, Code 99, Code Green, Code Red, Code Pink, Code Zebra, Emergency Exit Doors, Medial Gas, Radiation, Blood Bank, Hylon and Burglar and Hold-Up. Is responsible for notifying essential personnel, security and 911 Emergency services. Performs daily tests of Trauma pagers and documents response results.
5) Accountable for handling all In-Patient Information calls. Updates patient register as necessary for accuracy. Controls patient rooms telephone on/off activity. Responsible for restricting/unrestricting hospital telephones as necessary.
6) Responsible for distribution of new/spare/long range pagers, patient room telephones, TTY (Hearing Impaired) equipment, batteries, hospital directories and conference room speakerphones. Provides assistance to in house staff requiring international calling and faxing.
7) Institutes emergency back up procedures in event of systems failure to paging or telephone systems.
8) Applies effective listening skills and courtesy when interacting with physicians, patients, patient family members?, visitors, medial staff and all other hospital personnel. Diffuses irate patient calls when necessary.
9) Demonstrates flexibility and team support to cover alternate shifts and holiday schedules as required.
10) Understands Telecom Department as an essential department to the hospital and is required to report to work during inclement weather conditions, etc.
11) Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Previous telephone/switchboard or ACD experience preferred.
Medical terminology or basic understanding
Strong Customer Service Skills
DAYS, every other weekend
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care?right care, right time, right place?is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.