Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Supply Chain Analyst (Healthcare)Apply Now Job ID 144620 Date posted 08/31/2017
Provides analytical support to the supply chain team in order to achieve the supply chain goals and objectives of the organization. Responsible for providing actionable data to all members of the supply chain. Identifies opportunities for cost savings, cost containment and process improvement within Lahey Health. Assists in the development of key reporting tools. Plays a key role in providing analytic support to the value analysis process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Compiles and analyzes data to identify opportunities for improved supply utilization, standardization, and process improvement; evaluate findings, and report and make recommendations.
2. Identifies cost savings opportunities for products currently in use through review and analysis of group purchasing contracts and market data
3. Monitors supply utilization and purchase patterns on a routine/scheduled basis;
4. Compiles reports, analyzes data, and make recommendations for addition/deletion of products and/or process changes to reduce operating cost and ensure continuity of supply
5. Investigates products, procedures, or processes that will improve operational or clinical efficiency, increase the quality of patient care, and reduce expenditures and recommend these changes to the value analysis directors and value analysis committees
6. Proactively identifies cost savings initiatives through group purchasing organization (GPO) contracts
7. Completes cost analysis of GPO contracts
8. Collaborates with hospital and system-level departments and staff to monitor and report on compliance of implemented changes in products, services, and processes
9. Coordinates periodic system value analysis meetings with (as appropriate) individual hospital value analysis leads/professionals, administrators, project managers, departmental heads, etc.
10. Maintains a value analysis project tracker that includes savings
11. Prepares reports and analysis as directed
12. Builds and maintains strong partnerships with Value Analysis teams and vendors
1. Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
2. Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
3. Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
4. Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
5. Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
7. Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
8. Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
9. Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
10. Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
4-5 years of experience in supply chain management, contracting, procurement, and/or value analysis
Two (2) years of experience in healthcare preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Ability to develop positive, beneficial relationships with others.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in a variety of situations.
Ability to work in a high-volume environment where great emphasis is placed on customer service and creative problem-solving skills.
Ability to plan, organize, implement, and complete projects.
Ability to perform complex financial analysis.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in developing, negotiating, and administering major procurement contracts for technically complex goods and services.
Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in computer skills, including spreadsheet and word processing, email, Web-based activities, and the utilization of automated systems used in supply chain and value analysis activities.
Demonstrated presentation skills
Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and customer service abilities
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.