Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Sr Business AnalystApply Now Job ID 142097 Date posted 11/13/2017
Under general direction of the IT PMO Director, formulates and evaluates probable solutions that meet business needs. Serves as a liaison among business and clinical users, project manager and project subject matter experts to interpret, analyze and document user requirements and make recommendations pertaining to system design processes. Works with end users and technical staff to translate business requirements into technical specifications to clarify the project?s scope and final deliverables. Validates all business requirements and use cases to ensure they meet business requirements before implementation. Provides business analyst?s support, mentorship and training to business users.
May assume leadership responsibility for project development teams. Lead in developing sound business analysis tools, methodology frameworks, best practice processes and templates for Lahey Health. May also serve as a project lead for assigned projects and business process improvement initiatives. Adhere to the IT PMO?s defined project management methodology, tools and templates and apply them to assigned projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Senior Business Analyst Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the primary interface between approved projects and business partners in defining business needs and requirements including regulatory/compliance, functional and non-functional,
2. With business & clinical owners, functional subject matter experts and project manager/lead, define the business benefits, business needs, work estimations and costs of assigned projects,
3. Help define the project?s business needs, assess capability gaps, determine solutions approach and define best solution project scope,
4. Analyze strategic alignment of proposed projects to Lahey Health?s strategic objectives and goals,
5. Lead stakeholder analysis for assigned projects,
6. Lead facilitation of business requirements elicitation and document all business requirements required to meet the business needs of Lahey Health,
7. Lead facilitation and definition of use cases and user stories with business owners to better understand business requirements and desired functionality and life-cycle support of projects,
8. Effectively manage proposed solution scope and requirements for projects,
9. Manage project scope requirements traceability and maintain a knowledge base for requirements re-use,
10. Work with business owners to define, document, develop and present sound business cases and Project Concept Documents (PCDs) for proposed Lahey Health projects,
11. Participate in project portfolio reviews with Lahey Health governance committees,
12. In coordination with business owners, functional area subject matter experts and project managers/leads ? lead facilitation of requirements testability and define testing plans for assigned projects,
13. Leveraging functional best practices, lead in development of effective business analysis processes, tools and templates for the IT PMO. Conduct business analysis training as required,
14. Identify project scope, project completion criteria and project implementation/execution approach. Work with business sponsor to create project business case, cost-benefit assessment and project concept document,
15. Assist in preparing Project Definition Document (PDD) and obtain management approval of the PDD.
16. Lead development of project Test Plans that includes the test strategy, functional use scenarios, effective test cases, and test entry and exit criteria. Subsequently, prepare Test Reports with the results and findings from test execution.
Project Lead Duties and Responsibilities:
17. Ensure that all project team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities. Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers,
18. Apply project resources according to the approved project plan,
19. Analyze risk and implement risk mitigation activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
20. Track and manage project issues and report on progress to plan. Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Ensure timely adaptive action is taken
21. Manage project change to preserve business plan commitments. Initiate change management process if objectives must change,
22. Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues,
23. Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk mitigation strategies,
24. Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities,
25. Coordinate management and technical decisions,
26. Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with Lahey colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental process/quality improvement initiatives and activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: B.S./B.A. degree in business, management or finance required
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None.
Experience: 5 years of related experience as a business analyst or project manager
Healthcare experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
1. MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Access)
2. In depth understanding of IIBA?s Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABoK).
3. Expert understanding of project life cycles.
4. Expert understanding of business requirements elicitation processes and tools.
5. Understanding of use cases and end user storyboarding.
6. Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate.
7. Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload.
8. Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables.
9. Ability to articulate a variety of departmental and organizational goals, strategies and plans into integrated tasks with timelines and resource assignments.
10. Demonstrated organization, verbal, written and inter-personal skills.
11. Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
12. Demonstrated skills in strategic and critical thinking, negotiation and relationship building.
13. Global vision and perspective in all areas of decision-making.
14. Exhibit the highest values of excellence, integrity and innovation.
15. Decisive, and flexible
16. Problem solver, consensus builder, results oriented with ability to quickly take action to achieve goals.
17. Energetic, self-confident, and persuasive.
18. Solid technical grounding, business analysis, project management and testing and technical specifications.
19. Ability to work with a variety of vendors and implementing and supporting multiple products.
20. Customer focused, and service oriented.
21. Proven management skills with a track record of mentoring and developing staff.
22. Ability to handle multiple projects with aggressive timelines.
23. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
24. Capable of using Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Access and Project.
25. Proven team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
26. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.