Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
SQL Unix DBA & Epic ETL AdminApply Now Job ID 136043 Date posted 02/01/2017
Under the direction of the Manager, Technology Services this individual is responsible for creating and maintaining SQL/Unix Server databases used by the Epic EHR system. This individual controls security on the database servers, maintains backup strategies, and verifies that the database server is offering adequate performance. During upgrades and installs, this individual works with technical staff from Clarity, System Pulse, Interconnect, and Willow Ambulatory to create and modify database objects and review the use of the databases. Additionally, this individual coordinates changes to the operating environment with the storage, networking and Windows/Unix server administration .
This individual will also have the role of Clarity ETL administrator and will be responsible for installing and maintaining the Clarity Console that is used to bring data nightly the Epic Cache database (Unix) into the Clarity database (SQL) and ensures that the ETL process is completed daily. This individual will attend Epic Clarity ETL administration training and be required to achieve certification. This individual will be back-up to the primary Cache system administrator and will attend Epic Cache System manager training and be required to achieve certification.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Performs DBA activities associated with the design, deployment, use, control, monitoring, support and performance of Clarity database management systems to ensure their optimum use within the organization. Institutes administration policies, procedures, techniques and methodologies that enhance database support and provides optimum integrity, performance and availability.
2. Ensure that proper backup strategies are in place and being followed, and verify restore media and documentation.
3. Monitor database size and fragmentation levels, along with other maintenance tasks that are appropriate for optimizing performance
4. Monitor database server performance.
5. Apply Microsoft SQL hotfixes and service packs when necessary.
6. Routinely test any failover procedures for high availability.
7. Verify and monitor the security of the database server.
8. Verify that the Clarity ETL process is completed every day. Troubleshoot and resolve errors that occur during the ETL process.
9. Install, configure, and maintain the Clarity database to ensure optimal performance and integrity.
10. Work with Windows Administrator to ensure regular updates to the Clarity Console server are installed.
11. Modify the ETL process in response to reporting needs, as necessary, performing tasks such as creating new tables or performing a Clarity Compass upgrade
12. Install, update, and troubleshoot the Clarity Console
13. Work with report writers to identify and resolve possible discrepancies between Cache and Clarity
14. Assists the A/D staff in client/server database design, development, load-testing and validation efforts. Recognizes and identifies areas where DBMS solutions will enhance application performance and user satisfaction. Suggests changes in programming techniques and methodologies to enhance database integrity, performance and availability. Translates application requirements into effective database structures, on-line queries, extracts and reports as needed. Coordinates special data archival needs. Works with applications staff to accommodate special application and database processing requirements.
15. Assists in the administration of enterprise and/or departmental storage as needed. Incorporates storage management strategies into multi-platform, enterprise-wide solutions. Identifies areas where changes in strategy or day-to-day operation will enhance application availability and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations where appropriate.
16. Is required to participate in a rotating on-call schedule supporting 24-hour, 7-day database operations.
17. May assume duties of a higher level in preparation for increased responsibilities. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director or the Manager.
18. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
19. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
20. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
21. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
22. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
23. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
24. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Graduate.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Microsoft SQL Server Administration and Maintenance certification
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Advanced knowledge of SQL and Unix data base environments operating in a multi-platform, multi-vendor environment. Advanced knowledge of DBMS concepts and support methodologies, including backup and recovery, tuning, monitoring, debugging and trouble-shooting techniques, logical and physical design, stabilizing of Clarity tables, stored procedures, triggers and utilities. Knowledge of MS scripts, replication, and use of APIs desired.. Proficiency in SQL and use of interactive editing tools required. Must be detail-oriented, have a professional demeanor, proven analysis and problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal and writing skills, on-call experience, and the ability to work with those having wide-ranging levels of expertise.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in data base administration supporting high availability production environments. Experience in the following areas: data base performance monitoring and tuning; database error analysis, troubleshooting and problem resolution; Experience with SQL*net or ODBC connectivity; physical and logical database design; backup and recovery procedures; change management procedures, security administration, disaster recovery procedures; scripting, stored procedures, triggers and alerts.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.