Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Senior Philanthropy OfficerApply Now Job ID 144658 Date posted 01/12/2018
Under the supervision of the VP, Philanthropy, the senior philanthropy officer is a key representative of the Lahey Health Office of Philanthropy. The individual collaborates with major and planned giving officers as well as Philanthropy, Clinical and Executive leadership to ensure the fundraising success of Lahey Health and its affiliate institutions. The Senior Philanthropy Officer cultivates, solicits and stewards donor and prospective donor portfolios of approximately 100 individuals in order to meet articulated annual and multi-year fundraising goals. Must have a passion for Lahey Health?s tri-part healthcare, clinical research and medical education mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Serves as a key member of the Philanthropy office staff with the primary responsibility for advancing the institution?s fundraising program to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward principal gift prospects and donors. Achieve annual performance goals including: specific targets for numbers of prospective donors cultivated, solicited and stewarded and dollars and numbers of gifts secured each fiscal year. Additional evaluative standards will be established during a performance planning period each year to measure professional conduct and productivity.
2) Responsible for devising, implementing and managing effective and creative personalized relationship management strategies to individually and systematically develop interest, establish and deepen engagement and present amount, program and fulfillment specific proposals for gifts of assets from prospects and donors to meet or exceed individual, departmental and institutional fundraising goals.
3) Develops and manages a personal portfolio of no more than 100 principal gift prospects and donors who comprise many of Lahey Health?s most important relationships; works in consultation with the VP Philanthropy, medical and nursing staff, and key administration and volunteer leaders to conceptualize and implement engagement and solicitation strategies.
4) Participates in strategic and operational planning, development, and execution of strategies to meet goals of the Philanthropy office in collaboration with the Philanthropy leadership, other staff and volunteers.
5) Responsible for mentoring, providing guidance and training in development solicitation strategies and techniques for colleagues and volunteer leaders on established, re-constituted or newly created advisory bodies. Manages key donor and prospective donor relationships jointly with assigned co-solicitors as directed.
6) Develops key institutional proposals, solicitation letters and other print and digital materials; ensures that they are persuasively communicated and effectively presented to Lahey?s prospects in a manner consistent with brand identity guidelines and strategic positioning within the regional and national marketplace.
7) Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with senior administration, doctors and other key personnel by establishing trust and rapport with them. Acquires and demonstrates a firm grasp of a wide range of medical information and critical issues facing healthcare. Commits to continuous learning and improvement to sustain awareness and understanding of best practice in healthcare philanthropy.
8) Acts as liaison to one or more assigned clinical service departments, furthering effective communication with physicians and other staff to identify, cultivate and close gifts from grateful patients, their families and other associates. Effectively communicates the needs, strengths and funding opportunities of his/her assigned clinical service departments to prospects and colleagues.
9) Works to ensure strategies exist for the inclusion or exclusion of principal gifts prospects and donors from annual appeal or pledge reminder mailings. Takes personal responsibility for the solicitation and acquisition of an annual gift from every individual in the assigned portfolio of donors and prospective donors
10) Participates in production of an annual operating plan for the Philanthropy office that includes a complete performance review of prior year?s activities and sets specific financial and program implementation goals and objectives for the next fiscal year
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor's degree. In the absence of a Bachelors degree, 8 years of related experience over and above the experience requirement listed below.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required.
Experience: At least seven (7) years work experience in a business setting or an equivalent work position involving comparable responsibilities and job functions. Demonstrated success in closing complex gifts at six-figure levels or higher
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and others.
Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize effectively, and ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and discretion under pressure.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written (including vocabulary and composition).
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.