Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Project ManagerApply Now Job ID 144680 Date posted 02/19/2018
Under the general direction of the Manager of Nursing Special Projects, the Project Manager serves as a key resource to Nursing Leadership as they manage the planning, design, implementation, operational integration, and ongoing evaluation of strategic initiatives and programs within the Nursing Department. The Project Manager serves both as a subject matter expert as well as the operational owner for nursing-related metrics, utilizing data to support, manage, and sustain both operational and improvement activities within the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Plans, designs, implements and maintains comprehensive programs related to quality, safety, cost-effectiveness, patient experience, nursing professional development, and employee engagement.
2. Evaluates and defines the structure, process, and outcome indicators for all nursing-driven projects and programs.
3. Responsible for training and deploying staff to address process improvement initiatives that improve the quality and reliability of care delivery.
4. Strategically aligns initiatives and programs with organizational goals and objectives in order to ensure operational and improvement activities support the mission and overarching objectives of the hospital.
5. Pursues and employs cross functional support to facilitate process improvements across the care delivery system.
6. Optimizes reporting and data management in order to support operational programs and special projects within the Department of Nursing.
7. Develops and incorporates training and education programs that support programs and initiatives, as well as facilitate professional development and engagement.
8. Identifies and creates a supporting business case for process improvement initiatives, and makes appropriate recommendations for improvement.
9. Mentors nursing staff on how to engage in activities that improve and ultimately sustain quality, safety, cost-effectiveness, patient experience, and employee engagement performance. In collaboration with the Associate Chief Nurse for Operations and the Manager of Nursing Special Projects, manages both operational and regulatory metrics, and their respective communication to both internal management and external regulatory agencies.
10. Responsible for creating communication plans and documentation for projects and programs supported by Nursing Support Services.
11. Serves as a leader in nursing policy, procedure, and operations. Ensures evidenced base practice standards are met.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in health care related field, master?s preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
? Ability to prioritize projects according to knowledge of the subject matter as well as Lahey?s strategic goals and objectives
? Demonstrated competency in MS Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
? Strong analytical skills, with particular emphasis on data management and statistical process control.
Experience: A minimum of five years of healthcare experience.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.