Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Power Plant ManagerApply Now Job ID 145157 Date posted 10/17/2017
Under the direction of the Director Plant Ops, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, manages the operation, maintenance and repairs of power plant boilers, chillers, pumps, auxiliary equipment, water filter system, hot water generators, fire pump, emergency electric generators and acid neutralization system. Schedules for power plant coverage as required by state law. Manages assigned staff.
1) Manages Watch Engineers in maintaining equipment in optimum running condition.
2) Maintains adequate shift coverage in an equitable manner.
3) Manages outside contractors in the maintenance of power plant equipment.
4) Oversees keeping of accurate records of daily logs and readings, calculating end-of-month totals.
5) Develops and manages the preventive maintenance program ensuring task completion on a timely basis and submission of work orders on a weekly basis of all watch engineers
6) Manages the ordering of fuel and operational supplies ensuring an adequate inventory.
7) Manages maintenance of chemical feed system within defined operating parameters, Ensures daily record of test result are recorded.
8) Manages work performance of the staff to ensure adherence to established standards.
9) Plan and organizes work priorities so that work is completed in a timely and effective manner.
10) Makes recommendations for the repair or upgrade of power plant to improve or maintain systems performance.
11) Initiates and coordinates work performed by outside vendors in the repair, maintenance and/or upgrade of equipment/systems.
12) Ensures appropriate documentation/certificates are maintained to meet compliance with local, state and federal authorities and TJC and DEP.
13) Ensures annual training of staff (MRI, Ladders Safety, PPE, Shutoffs, Lock Out / Tag Out, etc.) as the department safety employee.
14) Ensures proper operation and recovery of the 3 megawatt COGEN plant and all of its required documentation.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Vocational/Trade School courses desirable.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:2nd Class Engineer?s Licensure (to sign the log book as Chief Engineer) and a Level II Wastewater License, Steam Fitter and/or Refrigeration Technician Desirable.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Thorough knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and controls. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, spacial and conceptual planning. Thorough knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning.
Experience: 10 years experience in 2nd class power plant of equal or larger size preferably in a healthcare institution.
DAYS, with every other weekend.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.