Search Our Jobs
As a physician-led, nonprofit group practice, Lahey Clinic is known for introducing innovative technologies and pioneering medical treatments. A teaching affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine, Lahey offers rich opportunities for physicians drawn to academic medicine.
NP or PA - Urgent Care - GloucesterApply Now Job ID 144063 Date posted 08/14/2017
Lahey Health is excited to announce the opening of two NEW Urgent Care centers this fall and early winter. Locations will be in Danvers and Gloucester. The Urgent Care team is seeking to hire Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to help staff these new UCC's.
Below is a general list of expectations in this role:
- Performs thorough physical examinations while obtaining complete medical history an documents findings.
- Maintains patient record and relevant statistics by documenting patient information and care provided.
- Evaluates/interprets data in an effort to ascertain preliminary diagnoses and to make therapeutic plan recommendations.
- Responsible for the episodic care of the patient andassists Lahey PCP's to adhere to screening and preventive guidelines by helping close gaps in care.
- Administers medication and injections in compliance with state law and employer guidelines.
- Provides instruction to patient, family and care providers relative to required medications and treatment plan.
- Acts as a care advocate in providing recommendations (community, health plan, etc.) for health and wellness solutions.
- Obtains specimens for laboratory analysis, schedules and prepares patients for diagnostics testing. Prepares the patient and facility for procedures which they then conduct.(ie. Suturing, POC testing, etc.)
- Provides patient consultative services through telephone triage services. Documents all necessary information, provides instructions and materials as required. Provides patient care based on the documented consistent assessment of each patient's unique needs.
- Participates in activities that contribute to continuing education and research (ie precepting students).
- Prescribes appropriate medications
- Refers to other services as necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
The successful candidate will have received some formal training in suturing and be comfortable practicing in a fast-paced urgent care setting. Invidual must be dedicated to the delivery of outstanding care and customer service to patients and their families; have excellent interpersonal skills; have the ability to function autonomously in the care of challenging patients with episodic illness; and have enthusiasm for the teaching, learning, and quality improvement necessary for the successful building of the urgent care service line. Experience as an Nurse Practioner or Physician Assistants in urgent care or another type of emergency care is ideal, but not required. Interested candidates should forward CV and cover letter to:
Matthew P. Hubbell
Advanced Practice Recruiter | Physician Services
31 Burlington Mall Road
Burlington, MA, 01805
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!