Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Manager, Supply Chain Operations, Shipping & ReceivingApply Now Job ID 144473 Date posted 09/14/2017
Under the direction of the Director of Supply Chain, the Manager, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for the day to day leadership of the distribution, shipping/receiving, operational and logistics functions of Supply Chain at a multi-facility Hospital. This position directs and develops effective point-of-use supply chain management to insure appropriate critical medical supply on-hand inventory, product replenishment, restocking, distribution, charge capture, and billing information. This position manages, plans, organizes, develops and controls the activity of the Shipping and Receiving operation. This position has direct management responsibility for Pyxis Supply System Coordinators, Inventory Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinators, as well as all distribution personnel, including distribution supervisor, distribution techs, dispatchers, inventory assistants and shipping/receiving staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Supervision of Staff: Supervises the day-to-day assignments of staff working with the distribution of medical/surgical supplies and the management of all par level systems including, but not limited to Pyxis med/surg stations and clean supply rooms. Supervises the activities of assigned staff responsible for the timely receipt, inspection and delivery of materials, supplies and equipment delivered daily through shipping and receiving operation.
2. Compliance: Ensures that policies, procedures, quality assurance, and customer service standards are followed. Participates in the development and implementation as well as the monitoring of all department policies, procedures, technical guidelines and quality assurance standards. Ensures quality performance, customer satisfaction and adherence to the requirements of regulatory agencies.
3. Human Resources: Responsible for maintaining adequate staffing levels, interviewing, and employee relations. Responsible for completion of staff Performance Appraisals, Competence Assessment, Compliance and Mandatory Education. Counsels and disciplines assigned staff as needed, preparing proper supporting documentation and recommending changes in personnel status.
4.Staff Training & Education: Identifies the training needs of staff, and out-sources or otherwise develops and delivers in-service training programs. Coordinates department orientation and training.
5.Fiscal Accountability: Recommends departmental budgets. Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations for capital expenditures. Operates within the allocated funds.
6.Interaction with Department Supervisors: Responsible for on-going interaction with department supervisors and end users concerning their requests for services provided by the supply chain staff including package receipt and delivery status.
7. Communication: Conducts on-going monthly staff meetings, keeping the staff up to date as to the information pertinent to their job functions. Acts as a resource for Nursing Staff with questions or concerns relative to par-levels, custom requisitions, call-downs, equipment and supplies. Informs the Director of any concerns regarding staffing, employee relations, scheduling, inter-departmental issues (i.e.; Nursing, ORs, etc) or anything else involving distribution and/or inventory control. Frequent communication to end-users, as well as all supply chain staff, prime vendor and IT. Communication with all constituents will have a variety of forms, but must demonstrate a collaborative approach, results orientation, and managerial courage.
8. Customer Service: Responsible for ongoing interaction with department supervisors concerning the status of their par levels and supply needs. Inventory Management - par level establishment and maintenance, refill process, utilization analysis, product management, product placement, and system optimization. System Compliance ? Creates and implements policy, procedure, work flow, training and education associated with the proper use of Pyxis and Distributions system by both the nursing end-user and any areas supporting it. Information/Systems Management ? Creates and implements policy, procedure, work flow, training and education to ensure proper billing, inventory and other related interfaces are performing properly.
9. Implement procedures to achieve the reduction/elimination of stock-outs by: evaluate cause and frequency of stock-outs using Pyxis data reports; coordinate resolution of system compliance issues with nursing management or other administrative authority as needed; ensure accurate and timely replenishment processes in both the routine and emergency situations; coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and discrepancy identification/resolution; develop and implement an inventory schedule/system for all supply stations.
10. Provides continual education and training of the supply system to include: Ensures adequate user training working in coordination with nursing and all hospital training/education departments; establishes a liaison in each area using supply station to achieve this; ensures the integrity of data interfaces, ADT, patient billing, and MMIS by use of reports and performing quality monitoring and regular audits; uses the ?discrepancy cost report? to assist with research.
11. Resolves the ?station refill discrepancy? report with nursing: Determines for whom the patient product was removed; inputs ?lost charges;? determines if additional education is needed.
12. Establishes inventory schedule: Oversees the refill of stations; manages product expiration dates and researches any discrepancies found to determine cause; uses the ?non-refill? report to inventory each station; ensures replenishment file is received and processed.
13. Ensures patient file is being received by billing information system if applicable: Inputs charges for ?manually input patients,? and reconciles all temporary patients; ensures all charges rejecting from patient billing system are inputted correctly; spots audit charges.
14. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
15. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
16. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
17. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Knowledge of business processes typically acquired through attaining a Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
-Knowledge of hospital supply/distribution systems
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Basic computer competency skills
-Positive interpersonal skills: is ?other-oriented? rather than focused on self. Listens effectively and communicates ideas and opinions clearly. Conveys assertiveness while showing respect and positive regard for others.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of management experience with supply chain and distribution systems.
DAYS, Mon - Fri 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.