Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Image Management Assistant - Days 20 hrsApply Now Job ID 144469 Date posted 09/14/2017
Responsible for day to day activities of the Enterprise Image Management Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Scans hard copies of radiology films or imports CDs received from outside providers or from Lahey archives into electronic file system according to standard procedure and protocols.
2) Responds to requests for radiology records via telephone, facsimile, and through written correspondence from physicians and patients as well as outside parties such as insurers, attorneys, etc. and distributes records in a timely manner.
3) Utilizes Radiology system, and accesses other hospital systems as is necessary, to obtain information which may be necessary to completing a request for information.
4) Retrieves hard copy films from archives as requested and prepares films for viewing by physicians as needed.
5) Transfers electronic images to CD, utilizing a CD burner or prints hard copies of electronic images to complete request for information.
6) Receives urgent and critical finding reports from Radiologist and immediately alerts the patients physician to contact the Radiologist for consultation to view the results or consult with the Radiologist.
7) Records all urgent and critical finding actions for use in monthly report. Also completes form documentation for each incident for placement in the patient record.
8) Assists physicians with the use of electronic file system in locating and viewing images.
9) Determines which Mammography folders need to be sent to Mammography appointments or Breast Surgeons from the appointment lists, which contains approximately 200 appointments.
10) Reviews the OR list to determine which films need to be printed for the orthopedic surgeons.
11) Participates in purges of hard copy files as needed
12) Identifies all missing folders and if unsuccessful, notifies the supervisor
13) Notifies supervisor of shortages of supplies, unusual problems or situations within the department.
14) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
15) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
16) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
17) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
23) Position requires moving about on foot within department, use of hands (grasping), manipulative finger movements, and use of wrists (flexing or rotating).
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent customer service skills. Basic computer skills needed
Experience: None required
DAYS, 10 hour shifts, Saturday and Sunday
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.